Year Inducted: 1973
Nominated By: Dr. Robert D. Pierce
Sports Competed In: Tennis
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1947.
● Earned a total of six varsity letters, two each playing football, basketball and tennis for the Wildcats.
● Made the All-State tennis team in 1945.
Went to Colorado A&M (now Colorado State University) in Fort Collins, Colorado, where he graduated in 1951...Attended the University of Northern Colorado, graduating with a Master's degree in 1959.
● Earned a tennis scholarship: Only played three years of varsity tennis because freshman were bared from participation until the Fall of 1951
● Top singles player his junior and senior years and earned three varsity letters.
Coached for 11 years at Keating Junior High and also served as an Assistant Principal for two years.
● Organized first summer tennis program in Pueblo.
● Helped many of Pueblo’s top tennis players at different schools with their game.
● Won numerous tennis tournaments since 1959.
● Inducted into the Colorado Tennis Hall of Fame (2002).
● Hired to teach physical education at Fountain Elementary.
● Assistant principal at both Freed Junior High and Pueblo Central H.S.
● Moved to administration as Director of Secondary Education and advanced to Assistant Superintendent of Certified personnel.
● Finished career as Principal of Keating and Corwin and retired in 1984.
Lives in Pueblo.