Year Inducted: 1989 (p)
Nominated By: Brian Macartney
Sports Competed In: Basketball, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete
Attended Pueblo Centennial H.S., graduating in 1962.
● Won eight varsity letters playing football (quarterback/linebacker), basketball and baseball (catcher).
● All city, All-Conference and All-State performer in all three high school sports.
Went to the University of Colorado and graduated 1966.
Lettered three years in football (defensive end) for the Buffaloes from 1962-65.
● Begin coaching career at Trinidad H.S., in Trinidad, Colorado as an assistant football and head baseball coach for two seasons (1968-69).
● Spent the next five years (1970-75) as the head football coach at Cortez H.S., Cortez, Colorado.
● Finished his coaching career at La Junta H.S., La Junta, Colorado where his Tiger.
Led Cortez H.S., football team to its only league championship in school history.
Football teams at La Junta H.S., won or tied for the league championship in six of the eight years he was on the sidelines.
"Ray LeMasters was a unique person. I don't know of any more intense athlete or competitor that I have come in contact with. He had a will to win and to succeed that motivated him and those around him."
-- Brian Macartney.
Teacher and coach...Retired in 1983 to work at LeMasters Janitor Supply as part owner and manager.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife, Kay (Ripley)...Passed away on July 30, 1989.