Year Inducted: 2009
Nominated By: Hoy Frakes
Sports Competed In: Football, Wrestling
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Before High School:
Went to Freed Jr... Played football on the line (1971) and wrestling (1972).
Attended Pueblo Centennial...Graduated in 1975...Named Jerry Pike Award - Outstanding Athlete at Centennial...Three year letterman on the Bulldogs football team playing on the line (1972-74)...Named to the All-City and All-League teams two years (1974-75) and All-State once (1975)...Selected as the winner of the Bruno DeRose Award - Outstanding Lineman (1975)...Spent two years wrestling (1974-75)...Was District champion and State runner-up in 1975... Owns the Bulldogs records for the most wins, records for most pins and most takedowns and reversals (all set in 1975)...Red Max Award winner (1975)...While a member of the USA Wrestling team, was named state champion and National All-American in 1975... Led the Bulldogs in hitting average on the baseball squad (1975).
Went to the University of Wyoming (1976) where he wrestled for the Cowboys... National Qualifier (1976).
● Spent 12 years as an Assistant football coach for Centennial.
● Produced 111 individual state qualifiers and 40 individual state placers during his 10 years as head coach of the Bulldogs wrestling program.
● Adamson-coached wrestling teams finished in the top 10 in the state every season he coached.
● Recorded 142 wins and wont he league championship three times.
● During his tenure, his wrestlers won 21 Red Max Awards, nine individual state runner-ups, three team Regional runner-ups, one team regional championship and one individual state champion.
● Worked on the staff of USA Youth Freestyle Wrestling.
● Coached little league baseball where he led teams to seven little league championships and two little league CABA state championships.
● Coached little league team - Dizzy Dean to state championship and a berth in the World Series.
● Finished fifth in the Little League CABA World Series (1995) and a runner-up in the Little League CABA World Series (1997).
Honors and Affiliations:
● Inducted into the Centennial Athletic Hall of Fame (1975).
● Colorado High School Coaches Association 20 year Certificate of Service Award for Coaching Wrestling (2006).
● Member of Colorado High School Coaching Association (19 years).
● Member of Centennial High School's Athletic Hall of Fame Committee.
● Organized and hosted the Continental Amateur Baseball Association's State Tournament for 13 year-olds in 1995.
● Organized and hosted the Dizzy Dean State Tournament for 14 year-olds in 1996.
● Organized and hosted the USA Freestyle and Greco Roman Wrestling State Championship for all ages for four years.
● Organized and hosted Pueblo's largest High School Wrestling Tournament each year from 2000 to present.
● Director of Banatam youth Football Program for one year.
Fran was a coach and administrator - Dean of Students in Las Vegas, NV.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife Lisa.