Year Inducted: 2016
Nominated By: Cherrie Toussiant
Sports Competed In: Softball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete
Attended Pueblo County H.S., graduating in 1997.
High School Achievements:
● Earned 12 Varsity achievements: four letters in three sports (Basketball, Softball & Track).
● 4 final four appearances in softball, with two championship games and one Colorado State Softball Title (1995).
● Career Record for least amount of strike-outs (13/326 at bats) and Single Season Record for strike outs (2).
● Career Batting Average .468 (1993-1996).
● Selected to the Colorado Coaches of Girl's Sports All-Colorado 4A Softball Team (1996).
● Voted Pueblo County High "Bobby Solano Most Valuable Athlete Memorial Award" (1997).
● Awarded Pueblo County High "Liz Villegas Most Competitive Athlete Memorial Award" (1997).
Attended Colorado State University-Pueblo.
Colorado State University-Pueblo:
● NCAA Division II: 1st-Doubles per game percentage (44%) - 66 games / 29 doubles (2001).
● NCAA Division II: 2nd-Doubles (29) in 2001.
● NCAA Division II: 4th all time doubles in a season (29) in 2016.
Colorado State University-Pueblo (Season Records):
1st Hits (86, 2001)
1st Doubles (29, 2001)
1st Total Bases (164, 2001)
2nd Batting Average (.441 , 2001)
2nd Runs Batted In (66, 2001))
3rd Slugging Percentage (.841 , 2001)
1st Doubles (69)
1st Total Bases (377)
2nd Home Runs (32)
2nd Runs Batted In (142)
3rd Hits (215)
7th Slugging Percentage (.641)
8th Average (.366)
9th Runs (118)
● The only Academic All-American in the CSU-Pueblo softball program's history (2000-2001).
● NCAA II Softball All-American (2001).
● NCAA II Academic All-American (2000, 2001).
● GPSA Brian Macartney Award, Pueblo County Outstanding High School Female Athlete (1997).
● GPSA Jesse Banks Award, Top Female Scholar/Athlete (2001).
● 2011 Induction into the CSU-Pueblo Athletic Hall of Fame.
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference:
● Named to the RMAC 100th Anniversary All-Time Softball Team (2009).
● RMAC Softball Champions (2001).
● Softball Qualifier for the NCAA II Regional Playoffs (2001).
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (All-Time Records):
● Ranks 1 st - Most Hits in a Season (86, 2001), 7th in RMAC All-Time (215).
● Ranks 2nd - Most Doubles in a Season (29, 2001), 3rd in RMAC All-Time (60).
● Ranks 3rd - Total Bases in a Season (164, 2001).
● National Collegiate Athletic Association (2007-2013).
● National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators (2009).
● National Association of Collegiate Women Administrators Institute for Administrative Advancement graduate (2007).
● NCAA Regional Rules Seminar (2007).
● CSU-Pueblo Equity Study Committee (2014-present).
● CSU-Pueblo Restorative Justice Program (2013-2015).
● Past-President CSU-Pueblo Administrative Professional Council (2012-2015).
● National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators (2006-2013).
● Chairman of the following Search Committees for CSU-Pueblo. Athletics administrative assistant, assistant to the athletic director, head women's volleyball coach, head men's/women's tennis coach, head dance team coach, head cheer team coach, head women's soccer coach, head women's track and field coach.
● Director of EEO/AA (2006-present).
● Title IX Coordinator (2006-2015).
● CSU-Pueblo Board on Diversity and Equality (2011-2013).
● CSU-Pueblo Athletics Executive Committee (2006-2012).
● Chairman-CSU-Pueblo Student Athlete Academic Support Committee (2006-2013).
● Chairman-Gender Equity Committee (2006-2013).
● Member-United Way of Pueblo County Allocations Committee (2012-present).
● Speaker-Academic Assembly highlighting Influential Pueblo County Graduates (2011).
● Speaker-High School Athletics and NCAA College Recruitment presented at Pueblo County High School (2013).
● Past President-CSU Pueblo Administrative Professional Council (2012-2015).
● Direct Oversight of the following areas: NCAA Compliance, Title IX gender equity data collection and analysis, NCAA reporting , budget oversight, facility management, student athletic development, marketing promotions.
● Event operations for NCAA Division II Wrestling Championships (2012).
● Event operations for NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships (2012).
● Marketing Coordinator, Member of the Latino Chamber of Commerce of Pueblo (2003-2005).
● Marketing and Special Events Coordinator for the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo (2005-2006).
● Member-Higher Leaming Commission Criterion One Subcommittee (2015-present).
● Coach of Stingers Softball (8U).
● Coach of Parks and Rec T -ball (5U).
● Assistant coach Parks and Rec basketball (8U).
● United Way.
● Equity Committee CSU-Pueblo.
● Director EEO/AA Title IX CSU-Pueblo.
● Higher Learning Commission Criterion One Subcommittee.
● CSU-Pueblo Administrative Professional Council.
Currently the Executive Assistant to the President of CSU-Pueblo.
Lives in Pueblo, CO.
Photo courtesy of the CSU-Pueblo Alumni Relations Office