Year Inducted: 1988
Nominated By: Dr. Charles Dale Rea
Sports Competed In: N/A
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Administrator, Contributor
Attended Salida H.S. in Salida, CO where he graduated in 1944.
Went to Western State College (WSC) in Gunnison, CO graduating in 1950 with Bachelor of Arts degree...Worked on a Masters of Arts at WSC, graduating in 1957...Also attended Colorado University, Colorado College, Williams College and the University of Northern Colorado.
● Started out as the Recreation Director for Edison for three years (1950-52).
● Worked a year (1952-53) at District #60 as the Assistant Coordinator for Pupil Personnel and was also a counselor at Corwin Junior High (CJrH) in 1953.
● Took over as the Assistant Principal at CJrH for the next four years (1954-57).
● In the Fall of 1957, moved on to take the Principal duties at Edison Fulton Heights for three years (1957-59), then at Centennial H.S. for 10 years (1960-70).
● Returned to District #60 administration in 1970 to serve as the Executive Director of Pupil Personal until 1983.
Served or worked on the following boards:
● Member of the PHI DELTA KAPPA.
● Chairman THETA CHI - Social Fraternity.
● Director Pueblo Adult Softball Program (1952-54).
● Colorado Secondary School Principals Association.
● Past President and Lifetime Member of National Education Association (NEA).
● Member National Association of Secondary School Principals.
● Member of the Colorado Education Association (CEA).
● Past president Pueblo Education Association (PEA).
● Mayors Committee for the Handicapped, Past Chairman.
● City park Golf Committee, Chairman.
● Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, State Committee.
● One of Original Founders of Greater Pueblo Sports Association (GPSA) - Original Committee (All Offices).
● YMCA Board.
● Cooperative Care Center, Original Planning Committee.
● Regional Library Board.
● Pueblo Humane Society, Treasurer.
● Goodwill Board.
● South Central League Secretary (1964-66).
● Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) Board of Control (1967-70).
● CHSAA Reorganization Committee (1968-1970).
● CHSAA Track and Field Committee (1969-1970).
● Announcer Dutch Clark Stadium, Track (1970-88).
● Served on the Executive Committee for North Central Association (NCA) of Secondary Schools & Colleges (1966-1970).
● Spotter, Dutch Clark Stadium, Football (1971-1983).
● Announcer, Centennial Pool, Girls Swimming (1988).
● United Way Board.
● Executive Committee Rocky Mountain Boy Scouts (also Scoutmaster Colorado Lions Foundation), Trustee.
● Pueblo Substance Abuse Council.
● Pueblo City Planning Commission/Housing Grants/Federal funds Allocation.
● Pueblo Regional Planning Commission.
● Pueblo Charter Lions Club, 30 years, held all offices.
● Member Silver State Lodge #95 AF&AM and Southern Colorado Consistory 32 degree.
● Scholarship Committee, Silver State #95.
● Church of the Ascension, Episcopal, Lay Reader and Past Vestryman.
● Service Award to Community, Masonic Lodge (1981)
● Service Award to Pueblo Centennial H.S. (1986)
● Service Award to Pueblo Charter Lions Club (1987)
● Service Award, International Presidents Award, Lions International (1988).
● Coached 5th and 6th grade in Bantam League Football, going undefeated in 1983.
● Coached the 8th Grade Pueblo County Recreational Basketball in 1984, finishing 3rd.
● Teacher and sdministrator - Employed School District #60 (1950-1983)
● Entrepreneur - Computer Services Inc.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife Ruth...Passed away on January 23, 1998 at age 70.