Year Inducted: 2023
Nominated By: Laura Kelly (wife)
Sports Competed In: Baseball, Basketball, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Centennial High School (1981-84)...Two-time letter winner in football (tight end, strong safety), basketball and baseball (played catcher, first, second, third and outfield).
High School (Football):
● Two-year started as tight end and strong safety
● Two-time AII-SCL (once as TE, once as DB)
● Named All-City (DB)
● Voted by players to be team captain
● Career totals: Caught 23 passes for 564 yards and three TD's
● Recorded five interceptions and 23 tackles
● Helped team to South Central League Co-Championship (1983)
● Earned state berth in 1983 (first state appearance for Centennial in 20 years).
High School (Baseball):
● Two-year starter, playing catcher, first, second, third and outfield.
● Hit .389 as a senior with 21 RBl's.
High School (Basketball):
● Two-year starter for the Bulldogs.
● Career totals: Scored 178 points with 78 rebounds and 32 assists and 28 steals
● Helped team in 1983 SCL championship and a berth in 1983 state tournament.
● Served as team captain senior year.
Minor League Football:
Member of the Pueblo Crusaders:
● Played as defensive back (both cornerback and free safety) and special teams.
● Played for three years, recording nine interceptions, five fumble recoveries and two touchdowns.
● Recovered on-side in MLFS National Championship game to secure the win.
CSU Pueblo (Sports Information Director):
● Earned 18 citations for excellence in publications by College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
● Served a communication director for the 1994 & 1998 NCAA 11 National Wrestling Championships.
● Also served as communication director for the 1994 and 1996 NCAA Division II Regional Baseball Tournament, and the 1998 NCAA Division II Regional Softball Championships.
● Served as a media relations assistant at the 1995 US Olympic Sports Festival.
● Served on the media relations staff for three NCAA Division I Basketball Regional tournaments.
CSU Pueblo Associate AD:
● Named the 2009 NACDA National College Division "Fundraiser-of-the-Year."
● Helped raise over $24 million (including Friends of Football) for CSU Pueblo athletics.
● Initiated programs like ThunderGals (a women's only booster club), the ThunderPups, the Lobster Bake and the Akela/Board of Directors Club.
● A founding member of the CSU Pueblo Athletic Hall of Fame committee.
● Served as director of the CHSAA 6-man, 8-man, 1A, 2A and 3A State Football Championship games in 2021 and 2022.
● Negotiated with CHSAA on a new five-year contract to keep 6-man, 8-man, 1A & 2A football championship games in Pueblo until 2028.
● Served on the national publication committee for CoSIDA.
● CoSIDA, the National Association of College Marketing Directors.
● Rocky Mountain Athletic Communications Association.
● NCAA Division II Women's Soccer Regional Committee.
● RMAC Sports Information Directors Association.
● Member of Centennial High School Hall of Fame committee.
● Member of the Centennial High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
● Won the "Media Excellence Award" from the Southern Colorado Press Club (2000).
● Won the "Development Director-of-the-Year" from the Southern Colorado Press Club (2017).
Todd and his wife Laura are life-long residents of Pueblo (57 years)...They have two grown children, Trent and Jillian.