Year Inducted: 1980
Nominated By: Edward V. Posa
Sports Competed In: N/A
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Contributor
Attended Pueblo Centennial H.S., graduating in 1945.
● Earned two letters each participating in basketball and track (1944-45).
● Member of the Bulldogs basketball team that won the South-Central League title in 1944.
Started his college career at to Pueblo Junior College (PJC)...Continued his college education at the University of Northern Colorado where he graduated in 1951...Completed a Masters degree at Adams State College in Alamosa, CO... Also did graduate work at Western State (Gunnison, CO) and the University of Colorado (Boulder, CO).
● Four-sport letterman (football, basketball, baseball, track) at PJC.
● Honored at PJC with the "Best All-Round Athlete Award".
● Participated in football, basketball, baseball, track and swimming at the United States Air Force (USAF) in 1946.
● Member of the USAF swim team and the Falcons' diving champion.
● Basketball and Softball player for a season in the Industrial League in 1952.
● Won several Championships in golf tournaments and still plays today.
● Risley Junior High: Football coach.
● Pueblo East H.S.: Cross country, basketball, golf coach.
● Baseball Coach: 1967 Senior All-Star Game.
● Worked as both a football and basketball official for many years:
● Football: Began in 1952. Worked High School (8-man, A, AA, AAA) and College games.
● Held all offices in the Study group.
● Officiated the State All Star AAA game in 1958.
● Basketball for 22 years, working high school, junior college and college level games.
● Held all offices in the Pueblo study group.
● Elected to the Pueblo Honorary officials group 1974 and the State Honorary group in 1978.
● County Recreation Supervisor under Mr. Homer Thompson for five years.
● Physical Training Instructor for two years (1945-46) at the USAF.
● Teacher/Coach/Counselor School District #60.