Year Inducted: 1984
Nominated By: Herman A. Schober
Sports Competed In: Marksman
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Contributor
Before High School:
Played six season of hockey (left-wing) for the Ft. Collins Blackhawks (1936-41).
Attended Ft. Collins H.S., graduating in 1938.
● Gave ice skating exhibitions in Wyoming and Colorado.
● Played softball and enjoyed bicycling and unicycling.
● Featured on the unicycle in Cheyenne Frontier Days Parade for three years.
● Won several State dancing contests.
● Won numerous trophies for car, midget and motorcycle racing.
● Started shooting in 1953 with a 20 gauge shot gun.
● Won the state shoot seven consecutive years.
● Shot in the "Champion of Champions" World Shoot in San Antonio, finishing sixth in the world with the 410 shotgun.
● President of the State Skeet Shooting Association in (1960 & 1971).
● President of the Pueblo Skeet and Trap Club, serving four terms and was the Club Champion for many years.
● The only civilian honored with a lifetime membership in the Ft. Carson Rod and Gun Club and ENT club.
● Also the only civilian to have a annual skeet shoot named for him at Ft. Carson Rod and Gun Club (been held since 1966).
● Sponsored a women's bowling team for 20 years and served as a City Council member.
● Accused of holding a pistol on the rest of the council members to get approval for funding from the City and County to establish the Pueblo Motor Sport Park which is currently one of the finest in the country.
Owner of Tom’s Auto Beauty Shop.
Thomas was married to Charlin H. "Chy"... Passed away October 25, 1982.