Year Inducted: 1992
Nominated By: Jim Blanc
Sports Competed In: Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1952...Earned eight varsity letters while playing football (2), basketball (3) and track (3) for the Wildcats from 1949-52...Played offensive and defensive end on the football team...Also competed for the track team in the pole vault.
Two-time All-Conference forward on Central's basketball squad.
Went to Pueblo Junior College for two seasons (1952-54) playing both football (fullback)...Also played a year of basketball (forward) before transferring to Denver University (DU) where he graduated in 1956...While at DU, Elizondo played offensive end for the Pioneers in football where he earned two varsity letters...Earned a Master's Degree from Western State College, Gunnison, CO.
● All-Conference selection in football.
● Named captain of the DU football team his senior season.
● Played in the 1956 Kiwanis Senior Bowl game (Phoenix, AZ).
● Spent the first six years (1960-66) at Freed Junior High (FJH) as head basketball and track coach.
● Also was the J.V. football coach for eight seasons (1960-68) at FJH.
● Took over the Wildcats J.V. football program at Pueblo Central H.S. (1968-72).
Teacher, coach and administrator.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife Vivian.