Year Inducted: 1980
Nominated By: Jerry R. Daugherty
Sports Competed In: N/A
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach Contributor
Attended Lakeside/Vineland H.S. (now Pueblo County H.S.), graduating in 1936.
Began participating actively in softball and boxing during his teenage years.
Participated in sports all four years earning eight letters.
Played for 10 years on local, city, and inter-city leagues in basketball, baseball and softball.
Attended military schools.
● Spent 10 seasons as the head men/women softball coach at the Pueblo Army Depot.
● Also was an assistant boxing coach (five years) and an assistant coach for two years on the 29th Ammunition Squad.
● Honorary member of the above groups after retiring in 1973.
● Named the District IV Commissioner of Babe Ruth 16-18 year-old division.
● Served as Assistant State Commissioner for Colorado Babe Ruth Baseball Association.
● Two-year member of the Runyon Field Board of Directors (1977-79).
● Volunteered to help the Special Olympics and served 10 years as a volunteer Director for Pueblo Diversified Industries (helping people who are mentally handicapped).
"I remember him as a small man in stature but big enough to stand up to any player or coach who challenged any of his decisions. His greatest attribute was his impartiality when officiating. He took his job seriously and called the plays as he saw them but always according to the book."
-- Jerry Daugherty in his of recommendation.
Received Life Time Membership into the Greater Pueblo Sports Association (GPSA) in 2008.
Retired Federal Employee - Entrepreneur.
Lived in Pueblo with his late wife, Connie Tizzarelli...Passed away on Nov. 7, 2014.