Year Inducted: 1978
Nominated By: Carl Valentish
Sports Competed In: Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete
Before High School:
● Played football for the Bantam League "Indians" which were crowned City Champions.
● Member of the Keating Junior H.S. football team (playing center) that won the City Championship and also played basketball.
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1967.
● Three-sport standout, playing football, basketball and track.
● Helped the Wildcats to the 1966 State Football Championship (his H.S. football coach was Ed Lesar)
● During his senior season (1967), he was named the captain of the team and earned All-City and All-State football honors.
● All-City and All-State selection in track.
Went to the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM.
● Earned three varsity letters playing offense and defense tackle (6'5" and 265 lbs) on the Lobos football team.
● Named captain and selected to the All-Western Athletic Conference team two consecutive seasons (1969-70).
● Drafted in the tenth round (as an offensive tackle) by the Dallas Cowboys in 1970.
● In his rookie year with Dallas, they beat Miami in the Super Bowl.
● In 1974 he had an operation on his spine and decided to retire.
Sales and promotions with Clairol Inc. (His work brought him to Pueblo once a month which gives him the opportunity to renew friendships).
His instilled inspiration to all high school athletes in Pueblo to excel in whatever they may choose...Rodney passed away on July 21, 2013.