Year Inducted: 2009
Nominated By: Chuck Kochenberger
Sports Competed In: Softball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Coach, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Central and graduated in 1968.
● Spent 12 years as head girls softball coach at Lakewood High School (1995-2007).
● Won two state championships (1997-98).
Honors and Affiliations:
● Inducted into the Centennial Athletic Hall of Fame (1975).
● Colorado High School Coaches Association 20 year Certificate of Service Award for Coaching Wrestling (2006).
● Member of Colorado High School Coaching Association (19 years).
● Member of Centennial High School's Athletic Hall of Fame Committee.
● Founder of the "Gold Crown Foundation" - a non-profit organization in 1986...Provides basketball, golf, technology, and art to participants ages 6-18. The Gold Crown Foundation also owns and operates outstanding youth facilities Gold Crown Field House, and the Coca-Cola All-Star Park.
● Chairman for the Blue Ribbon Transportation Committee.
● Chairman of Colorado Governor Ritter's Highway panel.
● Board Member for the Denver Zoological Foundation.
● Board Member of the Alpine Bank and Steele Street Bank and Trust.
● Chairman of the Colorado Commission Higher Education.
● Headed the Completion of Coors Field and INVESCO Field at Mile High Stadium.
● Chairman and board Member of the Metropolitan Football District.
● Chairman and Board Member of the Denver Metropolitan Major League Baseball Stadium District.
● Named "Man of the Year" by the Anti-Defamation League (1996).
● Honored for his "Outstanding Contribution to Women's Sports" in 1986.
● Earned "Man of the Year" by the Mizel Museum (2005).
Lives in Lakewood, CO with wife, Fran.