Year Inducted: 2020
Nominated By: Madeleine Khosla (Spouse)
Sports Competed In: None
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Contributor
● The "go to guy" whenever the local media (newspaper, TV, radio) need info on current Sports-Medicine topics. He has given countless talks and classes to medical professionals, coaches, trainers, and lay people--usually without reimbursement--to help educate the community.
● Developed and implemented a concussion management program for District 60, District 70, and CSU-P that is now also being used in surrounding communities (e.g., La Junta, Lamar, Trinidad).
● “Detecting Sexually Transmitted Disease: A new role for urinalysis in the pre-participation exam?" Physician and Sports-Medicine 1995; 23(1): 77-80.
● "An Occult Cervical Spine Fracture." Physician and Sports-Medicine 1997; 25(12): 69-73
● Consultant to the Colorado Chapter, American Academy of Pediatric Sports Medicine and Fitness Committee (June 1994-95).
● Earned the “Outstanding Faculty of the Year” Award presented by the Southern Colorado Family Medicine Residency Program, Pueblo, CO (1995,1996,1997,1998,1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2009).
● Presented the Pueblo Police Department “Citizen's Award of Appreciation” for help in the rescue of a woman trapped in a sinking car on the 29th Street flooded underpass (2007).
● Awarded the “American Red Cross Hometown Hero Award” (2014).
● Received the Pueblo City Schools “Recognition Plaque” for dedicated service to the Athletic Concussion Program (2017).
● Awarded the “Patient-Centered Innovation Award” from the Colorado Academy of Family Physicians Foundation for the Tele-Concussion program at Centura (2017).
● Presented the “Safety Jam Home Town Hero” Award presented by AMR Emergency Services, Pueblo (2019).
● Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians.
● Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
● Certificate of Added Qualification in Brain Injury Medicine.
● American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
● Colorado Academy of Family Physicians.
● Has a private practice at Pueblo Sports and Family Medicine and Director of Concussion Consultants, 1315 Fortino Blvd, Pueblo, CO, 81008
● Faculty Speaker for Medical Education Resources. 9785 Maroon Cr, Suite 100, Engelwood, CO 80112
● Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado, Anschutz School of Medicine, Aurora, CO.
Has resided in Pueblo for 35 years with his wife Madeleine…His hobbies include long distance running, triathlons, downhill skiing, snowboarding, camping, kayaking, digital photography and spending time with his wife and four kids.