Year Inducted: 2000
Nominated By: Joe Massaro
Sports Competed In: Cross Country, Track
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Coach, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1965.
Went to Southern Colorado State College and graduated in 1970...Did postgraduate work at Western State College, Gunnison, CO, graduating in 1988.
Spent his entire 19 years of coaching at Pueblo Central H.S... Falletta was the head cross country coach for the Wildcats from 1970-89, coach of the JV baseball team for six years (1970-76) before taking the reins of the baseball program for a season (1977) while also working as the boys assistant track coach at the same time (1977)...Pete was also the girls assistant track coach for three years (1981-83) before assuming the head coaching duties of the girls squad for the next four years (1984-88).
● Spent 29 years as Director and Starter for numerous local & Regional Track and Cross Country Meets (1970-99).
● Worked for 24 years as the Course Director and Starter for the Colorado State Cross Country Meet (1973-97).
● Served eight years as an official for the Colorado State Track Meets (1989-97).
● Assumed the role of Athletic Director Pueblo Centennial H.S for nine years (1989-98) and took over the same position at Centennial H.S. for five months after his induction into the Greater Pueblo Sports Association Hall of Fame in 2010.
● Served two years each as Secretary for the South-Central League and as a representative for CHSAA board of Control for the South Central League (1990-92).
● Was a member of the Colorado State Track and Field Advisory Committee (1998-91).
● Named the Colorado High School Athletic Director of the Year by Colorado Athletic Directors Association (CADA) in 1999.
● Honored by KOA Radio, IBM, and the Denver Bronco as 1997 CHSAA Official of the Week (1997).
● Named the National High School Cross Country and Colorado High School Coaches Association's "Coach-of-the-Year" (1989).
● Nominated for Colorado High School Coaches Association's Cross Country "Coach-of-the-Year" (1988).
● In 19 seasons as head cross country coach, his boys and girls teams won numerous South-Central league and City Cross Country Championships (1970-89).
● Coached the Boys’ Team to 12 consecutive years of qualifying for the State Meet Qualifiers.
● His team finished runner-up at state in 1974, 1975, and 1982.
● Coached several male and female city and league Cross Country Champions including the boys 1973 state champion Ed Grundy and girls 1980 state champion, Linda Romero.
Worked as a Teacher, Coach and Activities Director.
Lives in Pueblo.