Year Inducted: 2002
Nominated By: Jessie Banks
Sports Competed In: Golf
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1956.
Played softball for four seasons (1952-56) with Phillips Music Co. at second base...competed on the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Tour for seven years (1966-73).
Taught golf since 1973 at Zavichas Golf School:
● Master member of The LPGA Teaching and Club Professional (T&CP) Division.
● Instructor: Valley Country Club, Scottsdale, AZ (1961-67).
● Instructor: Eastern Hills Golf Club, Garland, TX (1968-70).
● Instructor: Tamarisk Golf Club, Rancho Mirage, CA (1970-71).
● Administrator/Instructor Ben Sutton Golf School for Seniors (1972-79).
● Author, guest speaker and volunteer with the American Cancer Society.
● Donates Thousands of Golf balls to the Junior Golf Programs (ex: 12,000 Golf Balls to the Westcliffe Golf Club for their Jr. Program).
● Chairperson of Numerous Committees - LPGA.
● LPGA "Teacher of the Year."
● Pueblo Colorado Image Award.
● Inducted into the American Cancer Society "Big Babe" Hall of Fame.
● Inducted into the Colorado Golf Hall of Fame.
● Ellen Griffin Rolex Award, a National Award for men and women.
● USO Tour to the Far East with Donna Caponi and DeDe Owens. They gave golf clinics on military bases.
Owner Craft-Zavichas Golf School - which has been named twice as a top 25 golf school by "Golf Magazine".