Year Inducted: 1989
Nominated By: N/A
Sports Competed In: Baseball, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Roncalli H. S. and Pueblo Central H.S... Played baseball, football and basketball.
● As a member of the Roncalli H. S. baseball team, played catcher and batted fourth in helping the team to the state championship.
● Batted fourth and played catcher at Pueblo South H.S.
● The only player to have played on four American Legion state championship teams.
● Earned All-City, All-Conference and All-State.
● Played linebacker, punter and kicker on the football teams at Roncalli H.S. and Pueblo South H.S.
● Selected to the All-City, All-Conference and Denver Post All-State teams.
● The sixth man on the basketball team for a season that helped the Colts to the state tournament.
Went to the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Co, graduating in 1977.
● As a freshman, played left field on the Bears' baseball team that went to the College World Series.
● Moved behind the plate to play catcher for final three years.
Marathon runner (26-Miles.
Coached Bambino League and coached the 1998 All Stars to Runner-ups in the National Tournament.
● Member of the Runyon Field Committee.
● Umpired baseball for 10 years and is a former President of the Umpire Association.
● Responsible for the trees around the Youth Park at Runyon Field...Collected the money and personally planted the trees.
● Active coach and officer in several youth baseball programs including Bambino and was the originator and director of the hit-and-run tournament.
"Gradishar was like having a Coach on the Field. The players really respected him. I know you hear that a lot, but I was real privileged to have him play for me.”
-- Coach Tom Petroff of the University of Northern Colorado University
Lives in Pueblo with his wife, Lynette.