Year Inducted: 1987
Nominated By: Gregory E. Smith
Sports Competed In: Basketball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Centennial H.S., graduating in 1959.
● Three-year letterman (1956-58) on the Bulldogs football team playing quarterback.
● Named All-State & All-American at quarterback.
● Lettered three seasons (1957-59) playing basketball (guard).
● Winner of the Paul Boyer Trophy, given for the Best Basketball player in the City.
● Continued his prep career playing for the Bulldogs baseball team for three seasons (1957-59) where he was selected to play in the senior game.
Went to Pueblo Jr. College (PJC) and played basketball (guard) for two seasons (1960-62)...Continued his education at North Texas State (NTS), graduating in 1965.
● As a freshman, played on the team that Team finished 3rd Place in the National Jr. College Tournament (1960)
● Won the National Jr. College Championship in 1961.
● Played basketball (guard) for two years while at NTS (1962-64).
● Softball player on teams that won the state championships.
● Avid golfer and runs daily.
● Spent his coaching career in basketball, starting out as an assistant at Freed Junior High (1965).
● Spent the next three years (1966-68) as the head coach at Keating Junior High.
● Moved to the high school level in 1969 where he spent the next 14 years (until 1983) as the head basketball coach at Pueblo East.
● Reached the 100-wins coaching plateau in 1977 as he guided the Eagles to a an 18-2 record and a runner-up finish at the state tournament.
● The previous year (1976), led Pueblo East to a third place showing at state.
Received the honor of being inducted into the University of Southern Colorado Sports Hall of Fame (Formerly Pueblo Jr. College, Southern Colorado State College).
Teacher and coach - School District #60 - Pueblo East H.S.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife, Nancy Dupps.