Year Inducted: 1985
Nominated By: Donald "Corky" Madrid
Sports Competed In: Basketball, Baseball, Football, Track
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1951.
● Won 11 athletic letters, playing football, basketball and track for the Wildcats.
● On the football team (1947-50), scored 34 touchdowns as a back in his career and 204 points - the only other football player in Pueblo History to have more career points than Nate was Earl “Dutch” Clark (298 pts).
● All-Conference and All-State selection consecutive years (1949-50) and twice lead the South Central League (SCL) in scoring (1949: 84 points and 1950: 96 points).
● Leading rusher for the 1951 All-State Game with 79 yards.
● Played four years of baseball (1948-51) and earned All-Conference in 1950.
● Three-year member of the basketball team (1948-50.
● Earned his only letter in track in 1951, but was the SCL champion in the 220 yard dash (22.1) and the 880 yard relay team.
● Placed runner-up in the SCL in the 100 yard dash..
Went to Southern Colorado University in Pueblo, CO where he graduated in 1968.. Played one year (1951) as a back on the football team...Worked on his Master's Degree at Adams State College in Alamosa, CO, graduating in 1975.
Jones has coached football (Youth), softball (youth and men's) and basketball (patient team that placed third in 1973).
Served in the Navy From Sept. 1952 to May 1954).
Works as a Clinical Recreational Therapist.
Married to his wife, Dorothy.