Year Inducted: 1983
Nominated By: N/A
Sports Competed In: Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Before High School:
Attended Pueblo Centennial H.S. graduating in 1974.
● Offensive and defensive tackle on the Junior High City Championship team at Freed Junior High (1970).
● Played forward and center on the Freed basketball team and was a member of its track team that same year.
Attended Pueblo Centennial H.S., graduating in 1974.
● Student Lion in December 1973.
● Member of the National Honor Society (1974).
● Selected as Mr. "C" (1974).
● Member of the "C" Club.
● Elected as "Bulldog of the Month" by the Student Government in October 1973.
● Had several Football Scholarship offers and chose to attend the University of Southern Colorado in 1974.
● Played fullback for the Bulldogs junior varsity football team (1971) and the next two years he was a starting offensive guard and defensive tackle for the varsity team.
● Lettered in 1972 and 1973 and was named to the All-City football team.
● All-Conference pick by both The Pueblo Chieftain and The Colorado Springs Sun (1973).
● All-State selection for the All-Star game in Boulder.
● Received the Bruno DeRose “Outstanding Lineman” award.
● Member of the “Centennial Athletic Hall of Fame”.
● Prep All-American and was in the "Who’s Who in National High School Athletics".
● Played center and forward for the Centennial basketball team in 1973 and 1974 and lettered both years.
● Lettered in baseball in 1973 and 1974 as a first baseman.
● Made the All-City baseball roster, received All-City recognition, earned the "Best Fielder Award" and played in the All-Senior All-Star game (1974).
Went to the University of Southern Colorado (USC) in Pueblo, graduating in 1978.
● Lettered in football at USC as a starting defensive tackle in 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1977.
● Led the team in fumble recoveries; was 4th in tackles with 76 and was All-Rocky Mountain Conference (1976).
● Received the "Most Valuable defensive Player" award and was All-Rocky Mountain Conference (1977).
● Also selected to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics "All-District 7 Team" and American Outstanding names and faces.
● Participated in the Pueblo flag football program from 1979 through 1982...Member of the City-Championship team all four years.
● Team won the flag football state championship (1980, 1981).
● Self-employed at Baker Auto Service since 1979 and is a member of the Pueblo Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau.
● In 1981, at the request of the football coach, and at some financial expense to himself, he accepted a football coaching position at Centennial High School as the line coach and head Junior Varsity Coach.
● Happy to be a part of the program at District #60 that he enjoyed just a few years ago.
Lives in Pueblo.