Year Inducted: 1993
Nominated By: Joseph Giarratano
Sports Competed In: Wrestling
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Official
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1948... Wrestled two seasons for the Wildcats at 112 lbs in 1947 and 120 lbs in 1948.
● Made consecutive appearances in state wrestling tournament (1947-48).
● Defeated Joel Beebe from Pueblo Centennial by decision and lost to Tom Gray of Golden by a fall who went on to finish 3rd at state in 1947.
● Placed fifth in the 1948 state wreslting tournament (where he place fifth) - opened with wins by decision over Walter Maulls of Englewood and Dwight Nelson of Lakewood before falling to Done Phillips the eventual State champion by default injury and by decision to Marvin Woolf of Grand Junction, who placed third in the state.
● Also the captain of the baseball team in 1948.
● Served as a basketball and baseball official in high school, college and international competition for 27 years.
● Baseball organizer for 15 years for the Hank Pechek Baseball Tournament at Runyon Field that included "B" Legion players from all over the state who went on to play high school, college and organized baseball.
● Played softball for 25 years on several teams.
● Inducted into the Pueblo Softball Hall of Fame in May, 2011.
Worked as a government employee for 42 years.
Was a life-long Pueblo resident...Had four children: Joseph, Mike, Nino and Marianne with his wife Josie...Passed away on Oct. 28, 2018.