Year Inducted: 1984
Nominated By: James "Spank" Blasing
Sports Competed In: Cross Country
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete
Attended Primero H.S., graduating in 1977.
Went to the University of Southern Colorado (USC), graduated in 1982.
● Member of the 1977-78 University of Southern Colorado's National Cross Country Team.
● Finished fourth at the 1978-79 RMAC Cross Country Championships and fourth in District VII Cross Country Championships.
● Selected as an NAIA All-American for placing seventh in the National Cross Country Championships.
● During the 1979-80 season, placed fourth in RMAC Cross Country Championships and District VII Cross Country, became an NAIA All-American placing 13th in the National Cross Country Championships.
● Injured while competing in track.
● Finished fifth at 1980-81 RMAC Cross Country Championships and District.
● Placed second in the 1500 meter at the 1981 RMAC Conference Meet, named All-Conference.
● No cross country team during his senior season (1981-82).
● Won the RMAC 1500 meter run during the 1981-82 season, named All-Conference.
● National Champion in the 1500 meter run at the 1982 NAIA National Track Championships, earned All-American status.
● Placed fifth in 1500 meter run at 1982 NCAA Division II National Track Championships, named All-American.
● School record holder in the 1500 meter run with a time of 3:45.
● Earned All-American status twice at the NAIA Cross Country Championships, once each at the NAIA Track & Field Championships and the NCAA Division II Track & Field Championships.
● Earned RMAC All-Conference in cross country and track and field three times as well as All-District in cross country.
● Three-time USC "Athlete-of-the-Year" following the 1980, 1981, and 1982 seasons.
● First sophomore in the history of USC to receive All-American honors.
● Colorado State Hispanic College "Athlete-of-the-Year" (1981-1982).