Year Inducted: 1997
Nominated By: Joe Massaro
Sports Competed In: Football, Track, Wrestling
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central H.S. graduating in 1958... Four-year lineman on the Wildcats football team (1955-58)...Also competed for three years on the track team (1955-58) and running the 880 yd and two seasons on the wrestling team at 155 lbs (1956-58).
● Named 2nd Team All-Conference during his senior year and selected to play in the All-State Game in 1958.
Went to Pueblo Jr. College (1958-60) and Colorado State College (UNC) from 1960-62... Member of the PJC track team running the 880 in 1958-59.
● Was an assistant football coach at Pitts Junior High for three years (1963-66).
● Moved to Roncalli to be the assistant football coach for the next five seasons (1966-71).
● Worked as a Defensive Coordinator at Pueblo Central H.S. for 25 years (since 1971).
● Selected to be an assistant coach in the 1990 All-State Football game.
● Head wrestling coach at Roncalli for six years (1965-71).
● Spent two seasons (1972-73) as the Wildcats wrestling coach.
● Served as an assistant track coach for four seasons (1966-70) at Roncalli H.S.
● Went on to work for 23 years at Pueblo Central H.S. as the assistant track coach, working with the boys weights.
● Had the #1 Defensive team in the South Central League for two consecutive years, and his team qualified for the state playoffs during those two years.
● Speaker at the South Central League Clinic on linebacker play.
● Coached George Hensen who was State heavyweight champion.
● Coached Ronnie Rivas 2nd in State at 98 lbs.
● Biggest moment of his coaching was when Charles Puga won the state championship Shot Put with his last throw.
● Coached athletes who have become coaches: Gene Tapia, Rusty Pagano, Charles Puga, Walter Apodaca and Dave Craddock
Teacher and coach.
Lives in Pueblo... Was married to the late Ruth I.