Year Inducted: 1976
Nominated By: N/A
Sports Competed In: Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Graduated in 1924 from Fowler H.S. tried to go to the Univ. of Illinois coaching school and was a unit short.
● Played one year (1923) of football for the Grizzlies.
● Worked for one year (1925) and then entered Pueblo Centennial H.S. and graduated in 1926.
● He played one year of football for the Bulldogs.
● Amassed enough credits to go to the Univ. of Illinois.
Attended the University of Illinois.
Served in World War II.
● Coached the Pueblo Indians - American Legion baseball team in 1929 that finished as state champions.
● Served for six years (1932-38) as All-Sports coach at Pueblo Centennial H.S.
● Head football coach for the Bulldogs for six seasons (1932-37)... Compiled a 23-21-6 record.
● Involved in the "Save Runyon Field" drive that raised $17,500 in 1958 and was the key to transfer field to Pueblo County.
● The Runyon Field Committee formed in 1959... Worked at Runyon 16 hours a day in the summer.
● Baseball "dad" to many Pueblo youngsters.
● Teacher and coach - Centennial H.S.
● Pueblo County Recreation Director.
● Owner of Sports Store, 612 N. Main in Pueblo.
Passed away on Feb. 3, 1991.