Year Inducted: 1994
Nominated By: John W. Zobeck
Sports Competed In: Cross Country, Marathon, Track
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central H.S.
● Leading hitter on the Bulldogs baseball team.
● Named to the All-City baseball team.
Attended Western State College in Gunnison, CO, graduating in 1970...Played four seasons (1966-70) on the Mountaineers baseball team in the outfield.
● Twice qualified for the Olympic Tryouts.
● Ran in the Boulder Boulder and placed 7th in Citizens Race with 20,000 participants.
● Ran the Elite five times and placed 3rd and 4th in the Masters Category.
● Also ran in the Boston Marathon and 12 other Marathons Including: California International; Las Vegas; St. George, Utah; Fiesta Bowl (Arizona); and Pike Peak.
● Best times are: 1 mile - 5:02; 5K - 18:18; 5 Mile - 29:54; 10K - 36:36; 10 Mile - 64 min; 15 K - 53:11; Marathon 2:29 (Marathon time is National Class and Olympic trials qualifying time).
● Hired to be the head track coach at Doherty High School, Colorado Springs, CO (concentrating on distance events).
● Became the first female to coach a 6A Boys state championship cross country team in the State of Colorado.
● Coached boys squad has won 10 regional championships; four league championships; three state championships and one runner-up finish.
● On the girls side, her teams have collected three regional championships; two league championships and one state title.
Named by The Gazette Telegraph as the 1990 and 1991 boys cross country "Coach-of-the-Year" (5A and 6A).
Lives In Colorado Springs, CO.