Year Inducted: 1996
Nominated By: Denton Stilson
Sports Competed In: Baseball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo South (1970)...Three-year (1968-70) lettermen on both the Colts football team (at center) and catcher on the baseball team.
Went to Lamar Junior College for two years (1971-72) where he was a catcher on the baseball team before transferring to Adams State College to catch on the Indians baseball team his final two years (1973-74) of college eligibility.
● Spent 10 season as a catcher for Pueblo's Semi-Pro baseball team (1974-84).
● Four-time League Baseball Champions - Pueblo County H.S.(1980, 1984, 1990, 1995).
● Named the Southern Colorado Coach of the Year (1980), South-Central Coach of the Year (1984) and Runyon Field Coach of the Year (1984).
● Was selected as a nominee for the U.S. Amateur Baseball Coach of the Year (1987).
● Honoree Inducted to the 1991 Colorado Collegiate Umpire Association.
● Presented the 20-year Award recognition as a memeber of the Colorado High School Activities Association (1995).
● Served as a member of the Runyon Field Board of Directors since 1982.
● Tournament Director of the Tony Andenucio Memorial Baseball Tournament since 1977.
● Served two seasons (1976-77) a JV Coach on the football at Pueblo County High School (PCHS).
● Was the Hornet's Assistant Gymnastic coach four years (1978-81).
● Also worked on the bench as an assistant basketball coach at PCHS for three years (1988-90).
● Managed the JV baseball team for four seasons (1975-78) before taking over the head coaching job of the varsity squad for the next 17 years (1979-96).
● Took over as the Head Coach for Baseball Summer Legion team composed of 16/18 year-old for 17 years (1973-90).
● Served as the Hornets Assistant Golf since 1989.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife, Carrie.