Year Inducted: 1988
Nominated By: Louis A. Paglione
Sports Competed In: Football, Wrestling
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central year, graduating 1943...Played two seasons of football at fullback for the Wildcats (1941-42).
● Went to Pueblo Junior College (PJC) and played on the football team for two years at fullback.
● Graduated after World War II in 1949.
● Furthered his education at Western State College (WSC) in Gunnison, CO, graduating in 1951.
● Played both linebacker and fullback for the Mountaineers football team for two seasons (1949-50).
● Also spent one season on the wrestling mat.
● Graduated with his Master's degree in 1960 from WSC.
● Spent five season each as a a coach of the Old Timers Baseball league and the head football coach at Pleasant View (1951-55).
● Moved on to become the head football coach at Pueblo County H.S. for five years (1954-58).
● Served for five seasons as the wrestling coach (1954-59).
● Named to coach the Pueblo South H.S. golf team on four occasions (1960, 1963, 1970 and 1971).
● Also spent four seasons as the wrestling coach and two (1962-63) as the baseball coach for the Colts (1963-66).
● Selected to run the Pueblo South football program for four years (1966-69).
● Led Pleasant View to the State Baseball Championship in 1952.
● Led the Hornets to the 1954 league football title.
● Led the 1957 wrestling squad to the District Championship, and coached Eugene Cozzolino, the state champion at 103 lbs.
● The 1964 wrestling team won East Tournament and the District Tournament.
● The 1966 wrestling team posted a record of 11-2-1.
● Selected to coach the North/South team in the 1969 gridiron All Star game.
● Posted a combined wrestling record 61-20-3 and football record of 35-56-1, coaching at both Pueblo County H.S. and Pueblo South H.S.
Retired from coaching 1970 and put efforts into teaching and served as Activities Director at South H.S. until he retired 1982.
Teacher and coach
Lived in Pueblo, CO with his wife, Mary E. DeGrado...Passed away on April 26, 2013.