Year Inducted: 1985
Nominated By: Martin E. Gonzales
Sports Competed In: Cross Country, Softball, Track
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Centennial H.S., graduating in 1962.
● Lettered in baseball, basketball, cross country and track for the Bulldogs.
● Cross country state qualifier two consecutive years (1961-62).
● Two-time qualifier in track in the one mile run (1960-61).
● Member of the basketball team that were the state consolation champions in 1962 and also played baseball.
Went to Southern Colorado State College and graduated in 1968...Went to Adams State College in 1972...Also attended Concordia Univ. - Montreal, Canada & Boson Sports College - Stockholm, Sweden.
● Softball participant and competed in the State Championship Game five times.
● Competed in the 1977 United Bank of Denver Marathon, 1978 Denver YMCA Marathon, United Bank of Denver Marathon and the Dallas White Rock Marathon (both in 1979) and the 1980 Fiesta Bowl Marathon.
● Ran in the 1981 Boston Marathon (2 hrs 54 min.).
● Started his coaching career as boys baseball head coach for the B American Legion (1970-71).
● Boys baseball head coach Old Timers Baseball (1970-73).
● Named the boys football assistant and basketball head coach at Corwin Jr. H.S. (1973).
● Took over as the boys tennis coach and baseball assistant coach at Pueblo East H.S. (1974).
● Served six years (1974-80) as the boys basketball assistant coach at Pueblo East H.S.
● Added boys track and boys cross country to his coaching duties at Pueblo East H.S. in 1975.
● Picked for the head coaching job of the girls cross country program in 1978.
● Named boys basketball head coach at Pueblo East H.S. in 1985.
● 1974 State Cross Country Fourth Place (Boys).
● 1975 Southern Colorado League Champions (Boys).
● 1975 Coach of Individual Qualifier, World Junior Cross Country Championships (Robert Trujillo).
● 1975 State Cross Country Third Place (Boys).
● 1976 Southern Colorado League Champions (Boys).
● 1976 State Cross Country Runner-Ups (Boys).
● 1977 State Cross Country Runner-Ups (Boys).
● 1977 Southern Colorado league Champions (Boys).
● 1977 Colorado High School Cross Country "Coach-of-the-Year".
● 1977 Assistant Coach, Colorado All-State Basketball Game.
● 1977 Colorado "Teacher-of-the-Year" Nominee (finalist).
● 1977 Colorado Nominee, National H.S. "Coach-of-the-Year".
● 1978 State Cross Country Champions (Girls).
● 1978 Southern Colorado League Champions (Girls).
● 1978 Coach of Champions Award...Track Official, National Sports Festival (1979 and 1983).
● 1979 Southern Colorado League Champions (Girls).
Teacher and coach - School District #60, East High School.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife, Theresa.