Year Inducted: 1985
Nominated By: B. Ernest Watkins
Sports Competed In: N/A
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Contributor
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1951.
Vice President of the City Park Dolphins Swimming Club (1962)...Named the President of the club in 1964.
● Instrumental in forming the Southeastern League.
● Served on the Board of Directors for 15 years, serving as Secretary for seven years.
● Supported inter-state competitive swimming (including New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah, Texas & South Dakota.).
● Southeastern Swim league introduced competitive swimming to La Junta, Lamar, Rocky Ford, Las Animas, Monte Vista, Canon City and other areas in the Arkansas Valley.
● Instrumental in organizing support for the construction of indoor pools in District #60 high Schools.
● Also started an annual awards program to recognize excellence in swimming.
● Elected to the State A.A.U. Swim Committee and was President for to years (1976-77).
● Certified as a member of the Colorado Association of Swim Officials (CASO) and was instrumental in establishing a local CASO.
● Lane worked the decks at High School meets as stroke judge, timer, clerk of the course.
● Leadership in paper drives and chili suppers as fund raisers for the team.
● In 1979, ran for District #60 School Board, at Large, without any endorsement and won.
● Appointed Director of Region #6 of the Advisory Council.
● Governor appointed her to the State Council of Governments (PACOG).
● Certified A.A.U. Swimming official - 10 years officiating at Junior Olympics and State Championship meets.
● She was selected to Officiate the Olympics Sports Festival Swimming events in 1978-79.
● Appointed Administrative Assistant to the Director of Parks and Recreation in February of 1985.
● First certified officials to officiate local High School swim meets.
● Officiated Colorado State High School Swim Championships for the the last seven years.
● Twice received the Southeastern Swim League Distinguished Service Award for services rendered (1972, 1979).
● Received an award in 1972 for contribution to competitive Swimming by the City of Pueblo.
● Honored by co-workers for dedication to swimming in 1977.
● The A.A.U. State Swim Committee honored her in 1979 for her contribution to swimming.
● Elected to "Who's Who of American Women" (1977-78).
● Cited as Pueblo "Sportswoman of the Year" in 1983.
● Full Time for the City as Aquatic Director.
● Serves on the Board of Directors to the Pueblo Swim Club.
● Hires 150 people who work the City pools in the summer time.
● Coordinates pool time for all activities.
Lives in Pueblo with her husband, Arthur "Art" Lane...Passed away August 7, 2019.