Year Inducted: 1989
Nominated By: Paul Garbiso
Sports Competed In: Boxing, Football, Wrestling
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Went to Pueblo Centennial H.S., graduated in 1951...Lettered a year as an offensive guard for the Bulldogs football team (1950-51).
Attended both Pueblo Junior College (PJC) and Western State (1962). Two-year letterman in football (1951-52) playing both offensive and defensive guard... Captain of the homecoming football game.
● Fought in every weight (112-147) as an Amateur for nine years (1948-56).
● Posted a record of 26 Wins and 8 Loses.
● Southern Colorado Featherweight Golden Gloves Champion (1951).
● Tried out for the 1956 Olympics in Boxing - Sacramento, California and Stockton, California 147# Welterweight.
● Served three seasons each as an assistant wresting coach (1964-66) and assistant football coach (1967-69) at Pueblo County H.S. (PCHS).
● Head coach of two city women's softball programs (McDonalds and The A & W Team) during the summers of 1969-71...Posted a record 78 wins and 4 losses.
● Won the City Championship (1970-71).
● Head Coach PCHS (1969-71).
● Co-Head Coach at PCHS (1970-72).
● Coach of the first wrestling team to win the Southern Colorado League Championship (1972).
● Served five years as the assistant track coach for the Hornets (1967-73).
● Worked two seasons (1970-71) as the golf co-head coach at PCHS.
● Started the Hornets cross country program in 1970 then turned over to Jeff Arnold.
● Spent nine years (1973-82) as the Assistant Principal & Activities Director at Pueblo County H.S.
● Appointed to the Baseball Committee for the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) in 1975.
● Hired as the Principal at Pueblo County H.S. for four years (1983-87).
● President of the South Central League (1983).
● Served two years on the Executive Committee of the CHSAA (1985-87).
● Served on the CHSAA baseball committee and helped getting the state Baseball Tournament in Pueblo in 1979.
● Completed a one-year term as President of the Southern League (1985-86).
Teacher, coach and administrator for School District #70.
Lives in Pueblo, CO with his wife, Alberta.