Year Inducted: 2019
Nominated By: Raymond Psuedu
Sports Competed In: Baseball, Athlete Contributor
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Centennial High School from 1955-58...James earned three letters each playing both football (lineman, linebacker) and baseball (pitcher) for the Bulldogs.
Achievements (High School):
● All Conference - Defensive Lineman (two years).
● All-State Second Team (two years).
● All-State Defense Team (one year).
● 1958 Centennial/Central Bell Game (21 unassisted tackles; team record 9-3).
● 1958 Centennial/Salida 32-yard field goal.
● University of Wyoming football scholarship offer.
● Colorado State University football scholarship offer.
● Three-year pitching record 12-4 (ERA 3.80).
● As a pitcher, Mastrini defeated Central 1957 and 1958 (first time accomplished in 10 years prior).
● South-Central Batting Title 1958 (Coach Earl Hobbs).
● Kansas City Baseball (Ban Johnson League Offer).
● Member of the Centennial Hall of Fame.
● Named MVP State Softball Tourney 1972.
● Ranked #1 Agent with Prudential Financial Services Southwestern Office Region V.
● Awarded President of Prudential Roundtable Region V.
● Awarded numerous Presidential Citations with Prudential Financial.
● Runyon Field Board Member (15 years) and currently serving.
● Blende Mesa Water District (34 years) and current President.
● Past Member of St. Joseph Parish Council (eight years).
● Past Member Centennial Construction Committee (two years).
● Co-President and President of North Mesa School (1974).
● Past Member of the Advisory Board of Pueblo Junior College (1979).
● Member of Knights of Columbus (43 years).
● Member of Fraternal Order of Eagles.
● Sons of Italy Charter Member.
● Special Olympic Assistant.
● Past member Centennial Museum Construction Committee/Fundraising (2 years).
● Past member of Sacred Heart Orphanage.
James has lived in Pueblo for 79 years and is married to his wife, Geraldine. He passed away on Oct. 6, 2023.