Year Inducted: 1981
Nominated By: Brian Macartney
Sports Competed In: Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Hyde Park H.S. in Chicago, IL, graduating in 1942.
Went to Western State College where he graduated in 1950...Completed his Master's Degree at Western State College in 1955.
Earned six total letters playing quarterback on the football team (1946-47), forward on the basketball team (1947-48) and a member the Mountaineers baseball team for two years (1947-48).
Served in the Navy Air Force, in the Pacific, during WW II as a nose gunner on a B-24.
Played professional baseball for Palatka, Florida Class C in 1948 and Gainesville, Florida Class C in 1949.
● Begin his coaching career in Manzanola, CO, as an assistant with the football team and head basketball and track coach (1950-52).
● Moved to Gunnison,CO, and spent the next four years as the head football and basketball and track coach (1952-54).
● Ventured north to Caldwell, ID, to take the reins of the football, basketball and track programs from (1955-59).
● Returned to Colorado and was hired as the head football and assistant wrestling coach at Pueblo Centennial H.S.
● Placed into the Colorado Coaches Hall of Fame and National Coaches Hall of Fame.
● Received the Ed Lesar Award given annually for the most influential high school football coach in Colorado.
Hired by School District #60 in 1960 as a math teacher and coach at Centennial High School.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife, Donna... Passed away on November 18, 2013 at the age of 89.