Year Inducted: 1976
Nominated By: Sam Jones
Sports Competed In: Basketball, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete
Attended Pueblo Centennial, graduating in 1922.
● Played baseball, basketball and football for the Bulldogs.
● Named to the all-state basketball team in 1922.
Went to the University of Colorado and gradated in 1927 with a law degree.
● Captain and quarterback of the Buffaloes Football team for four seasons.
● Member of the Colorado State Board of Law Examiners from 1951-54.
● Named the President of Colorado Bar Association for two years (1951-52).
● Served seven years for Big Thompson Soil Conservation District (1940-47).
● Voted as a member of the Loveland School Board for 10 years (1945-55).
● Installed as the Director of the Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District for four years (1951-55).
● Consultant for the Colorado Water Conservation Board from 1954-56.
● Represented the State of Colorado Before the Supreme Court.
● Appointed by President Eisenhower to be Asst. Secretary of the Interior (1956) and Under Secretary of the Interior (1957).
● Appointed United State District Judge of the District of Colorado (1960).
● Served as a Trustee of the Boettcher Foundation.
● Given the "George Norlin" Award (University of Colorado) recognition of Outstanding Achievement in chosen field.
● Elected to the "C" Fob, for distinguished service by a former athlete of the University of Colorado.
● Recipient of the "William Lee Knous" Award for outstanding achievement by an alumnus of the University of Colorado.
● Law Practive: Worked LaJara (1927), Greeley (1927) and the city of Loveland (1928).
● Spent 28 years as the city attorney for Estes Park (1928-56) and five years in the same capacity in Loveland (1931-36).
● District Attorney for the 8th Judicial District (1940-48).
● United States District Judge.
Married Marian Cole...Passed away on Sept. 28, 1991.