Year Inducted: 1984
Nominated By: Martin E. Gonzales
Sports Competed In: Baseball, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo Central, graduating in 1950.
● Lettered three years playing baseball as a pitcher and two years each in football and basketball for the Wildcats.
● Named All-South Central League in 1948.
Went to Pueblo Junior College (PJC) and lettered two years playing baseball...Transferred to the University of Northern Colorado and graduated in 1958.
● First pitcher in PJC history to throw a no-hit, no-run game.
● Averaged strikeouts: 15 batters per game over two years at PJC.
● Spent two years as a pitcher in the military (1953-54).
● Pitched for three I League teams from 1954-56.
● Posted a career pitching record of 11-9.
● Officiated football (12 years), basketball (11 years) and baseball for three seasons.
● Started his coaching career as the head football coach for five seasons at Pitts Junior high (1960-65).
● Moved on to coach at Pueblo South H.S., for four years (1965-69) and he was also the head baseball coach during that same time.
● Teacher, coach and administrator School District #60.
● Aquatic Director for the Pueblo Summer Program.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife, Josephine.