Year Inducted: 1981
Nominated By: Brian Macartney
Sports Competed In: All Sports
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Attended Mooseheart H.S. in Illinois, graduating in 1944.
● Played two years at quarterback for the Red Ramblers (1942-43).
● Captain of the basketball and track teams his senior year (1944).
Went to Adams State College, graduating in 1950...Returned to Adams State College to complete his M.A in 1962.
● Four-year letterman playing guard on the Indians football team (1945-48).
● Part of the team that won the conference championship in 1946.
● Played against Dan Blocker at Sul Ross College (Hoss Cartwright on TV Bonanza).
● Named All-Sports Head Coach Sanford H.S. (1950-53).
● All-Sports Teacher and Coach Pueblo County H.S. for five years (1953-57).
● Hired as a physical education Teacher at Edison Elementary school of District #60 for one year (1957).
● Spent six years (1960-66) at Centennial H.S. as a physical education teacher and head coach for the Bulldogs cross country team for one season (1960) and boys golf two years (1961-62).
● Also worked at Freed Junior High.
● Spent 14 years as a basketball official (1960-73).
● Nmed the first Activities Director at Centennial H.S., a position Ballotti held for six years (1966-72).
● Worked for 10 years in School District #60 as the Assistant Activities Director (1972-82).
● Served as the District's (#60) Athletic Director for a year (1982-83).
Teacher, coach and administrator with School District #60.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife, Joyce...Passed away on Jan. 20, 2022.