Year Inducted: 1980
Nominated By: Herb Casebeer
Sports Competed In: N/A
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Coach, Contributor
Went to Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1947.
Attended Pueblo Junior College from 1948-1950 earning an A.A. degree before going to Adams State College in Alamosa, CO where he graduated in 1952....Continued his post-graduate studies at Western State College in Gunnison, CO, and graduating in 1960.
● Spent 30 years as a teacher, coach and administrator for School District #60.
● Begin his teaching career as a classroom, P.E. and Group Guidance Teacher from 1953-62.
● Moved into administration at Pueblo East H.S. as the school's Activities Director for two years (1968-70), before becoming an Assistant Principal for the next five years (1970-75).
● Moved on to Pitts Middle School and Roncalli Middle School (1976-78) to serve as in the capacity of Assistant Principal.
● Served as the president for football, basketball and baseball umpire study groups.
● Coached Junior High School - Football, Basketball, Track as well as handling the duties of Old Timers Baseball and working as its coordinator.
● Ran the Pueblo Softball League.
● Director of the Babe Ruth State Baseball Tournament.
● The "Key Man" in successful bid for Pueblo to secure the 1976 Babe Ruth Baseball and was appointed as Colorado District #4 Colorado Old Timers Director from 1972-75.
● Also during the same time, held the position as President of the Runyon Field Committee from 1973-1974.
● Elected as the State Old Timers Director for two years (1977-79).
● Owner of David J. Novak Photography.
● Donated pictures of Honorees to the Greater Pueblo Sports Association (GPSA) for many years...Honorees paid nothing for the photograph to go into the Hall of Fame.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife, Laurel...Passed away on January 31, 2004.