Year Inducted: 1983
Nominated By: Dave Baxter
Sports Competed In: Basketball, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Contributor
Attended Pueblo Central H.S.
● Lettered three years on the basketball team.
● During his senior year, he played on the Wildcats team that went to the state tournament.
Went to Gunnery School in the U.S. Navy.
● Member of the VFW Post 61 softball team which played in the National Tournament at Ft. Madison, Iowa and Topeka, Kansas.
● Voted to All-American softball tournament team.
● Qualified and played in the national YMCA volleyball tournament in Los Angeles, CA.
● Recorded a one hole in one at City Park in eight years he played golf, recreationally.
● Began officiating career at the old steel works YMCA in Pueblo...At that time only one referee was used and the fee was a free "Y" membership after working 6 games at $1.00 per game...In addition the pay was $1.00 per game toward merchandise at the Company Store.
● Basketball and football official for 33 and 28 years, respectively. Some of events he refereed in basketball included:
● Refereed 26 state public high school basketball tournaments.
● Refereed eight state parochial high school basketball tournaments.
● Refereed World Strategic Air Command (STRAC) Military Basketball Tournament in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
● Refereed World Inter Service (Military) Basketball Tournament in Ft. Hood, Texas.
● Refereed Central American basketball tournament in Guatemala City, Guatemala (All Central American countries were represented including men and women.)
● Only Pueblo native to referee in the Professional American Basketball Association (PABA) the first year the league started.
● Refereed numerous junior college basketball district playoff games, along with regular season games.
● Worked Rocky Mountain College basketball regular season games.
● Refereed numerous high school basketball tournaments in New Mexico.
● State President Colorado Board #4 Basketball Officials.
● State Vice President Colorado Board Basketball Officials.
● State Board of Directors 20 years - Basketball.
● Board Member Pueblo Old Timers Baseball.
● District Director Babe Ruth Baseball (13-15) year olds.
● State President Colorado Old Timers Baseball Association.
● Member of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials-- served on many committees of this organization.
● Member of the International Federation of Officials (FIBA) which was the ruling body of international rules.
Worked for the Pueblo Army Depot, before retiring in 1973.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife Adeline "Ade"...Passed away on April 20, 1995.