Year Inducted: 1983
Nominated By: Dave Baxter
Sports Competed In: Boxing, Football
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1941.
● Lettered two seasons (1939-40) playing football for the Wildcats at fullback.
● Honorary Captain of the Pueblo Central football team (1940).
● Was the designated Captain of the All-Conference eleven of 1940 by a poll - most points - voting by his conference peers.
● Chosen as a fullback on The Denver Post All-State Football Team.
● Played in the first All-Star football game in the summer of 1941.
● Also lettered one season in track, participating in the pole vault and high jump events (1941).
Went to Western State College (WSC), Gunnison, CO where he graduated in 1949...Obtained a Master's Degree from Western State College in 1955.
● Played four years at fullback on the Mountaineers football team (1945-48).
● Chosen All-Conference Halfback in 1947 and 1948.
● First player to score a touchdown in the Mountaineer Bowl at WSC.
● Spent two years on the track team at WSC competing in the pole vault, high hurdles and high jump (1948-49).
● Welterweight Champion of Star Journal Chieftain Regional Golden Gloves Tournament.
● Won all four bouts including two knock outs; one in 17 seconds of the 1st round.
● Post athletic N.C.O. Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri (1951).
● Organized and coached the boxing team.
● Assisted in all Post athletic events including baseball and golf officials.
● Worked as a football official for five seasons (1955-59) and selected to work the playoff games in 1958 and 1959.
● Spent 15 years as the track starter and timer for high school and college track meets.
● Worked eight years as the starter and timer for Rocky Mountain United States Ski Association (USSA) and NCAA ski meets.
● One of the original organizers of Cranor Ski Hill, Gunnison, CO.
● Original Board of Directors O.T.B.A.
● Founding member of the Gunnison Ski Club.
● Helped organize the Gunnison H.S. Athletic Booster Club.
● Served on the Elks' Club Youth Activities Committee.
● Active member of the Century Club of Western State College which promotes athletics and athletes.
● Original Board of Directors of the Dos Rio’s Golf Club.
Employed by Western State College, Gunnison, CO.
Lived in Gunnison, CO, passing away on October 7, 2005 at age 83.