Year Inducted: 1999
Nominated By: Carol Rivas (daughter)
Sports Competed In: Wrestling
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Attended Pueblo Central H.S., graduating in 1948...Four-year member of the Wildcat wrestling team (1944-48) participating at 103 lbs twice and at 112 lbs.
● Went to State three years (1946, 1947, 1948 wrestling at 112 lbs.).
● Finished fourth in State at 103 lbs in 1947.
● Also was a four-year member of the Wildcats baseball team, earning two varsity letters.
● Played softball for 13 years (1952-65) as a member of several teams (Pueblo Merchants; Ianne's; Hi-Fi and Marcos).
● Also played baseball for three seasons with Jones Mortuary & Florence Merchants (1953-56).
● Played in exhibition game against Billy Martin - visiting player for Trinidad Merchants Team.
● Coached the Men’s Fast Pitch team - Tastee Freeze for five years (1965-70).
● Coached Walters Brewery team for five seasons (1971-76).
● Coached Foundation Installers team for two years (1977-79).
● Coached the Boy’s Fast Pitch team - Center Beauty College for seven seasons (1971-78).
● Wrestling: Spent 21 years as an official for H.S. dual meets and Tournaments (1956-77).
● Softball: As the Assistant Director Pueblo Parks and Recreation, Rivas started and ran the Adult Softball Program for 18 years (1956-74).
● Softball: Men and Women’s Fast and Slow pitch Coordinator for 1 years for the Pueblo Parks and Recreation (1974-95).
● Flag Football: League Director for five years (1980-85). Carmen implemented "Cops and Bikers" in 1984.
● Track & Field: Field Marshall for eight years for School District #60 (1985-93).
● Cross Country: Timer for eight years for School District #60 (1985-93).
● Basketball: Announcer for eight years for School District #60 (1985-93).
● Football: Time Clock Operator for School District #60 since 1985.
● Baseball: Score Keeper and Announcer for School District #60 since 1985.
● Baseball: 20-year board Member for Runyon Field.
● Bowling: President of the Pueblo Depot Activity League since 1978.
● Bowling: Co-director Pueblo Elks #90 League since 1983.
● Inducted into the Pueblo Softball Hall of Fame May 2011.
Graphic Arts Department - Pueblo Army Depot.
Lives in Pueblo with his wife, Mary J.