Year Inducted: 2009
Nominated By: Greg & Doug McGraw (sons)
Sports Competed In: Track
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Official
Attended Pueblo South H.S., graduating in 1961... Pat ran the distance events for three seasons (1959-61) for the Colts track and field team.
Attended to Pueblo Junior College (PJC) from 1961-63 which was renamed Southern Colorado State College (SCSC), where McGraw graduated in 1965...At PJC, McGraw competed on the track team for two years, specializing in the mile, 2-mile, relays and javelin...He was the 1963 Empire Conference Champion in the 2-mile event and placed runner-up in the mile at the Empire Conference Championships... McGraw placed second in the nation at the "National Junior College Track and Field Meet” in the 2-mile event held in Big Spring, Texas (it was the last race under PJC - became a new school Record).
● Pat played Fast-pitch softball for 30 years (1966-95)
● Worked in the Old Timers baseball League as an assistant to Dave Novak and took over as Director when Dave retired.
● Worked as an assistant track and field coach at Pueblo East H.S.
● Pat worked 33 years (1969-2002) as a football official all around Southern Colorado and worked both high school and college games.
● Spent 22 years working Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) football games.
● Selected to work in 12 State High School Football Championship Games.
● Worked for 27 years (1969-96) as basketball official , refereeing both high school and college games (including 22 years with the RMAC).
● McGraw was the crew chief for Officials for 12 years in the RMAC, and six each for the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) and Big Sky Conference.
● Worked as a starter for track and field meets around the state of Colorado since 1975.
● Teacher/Coach for School District #60
Lives in Pueblo, CO.