Year Inducted: 1998
Nominated By: Dave Dudley (friend)
Sports Competed In: Basketball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach
Attended Pueblo South H.S., graduating in 1979... Played and lettered three seasons (1976-79) each in basketball (guard) and baseball (shortstop) for the Colts.
● All-City - sophomore, junior and senior years.
● All-League - junior and senior years.
● All-League 1st Team - junior and senior years.
● All-State 1st Team - senior year.
● South Central League "Player-of-the-Year" - 1979 (senior season).
● South Central League Scoring Champion - senior year 1979 (24.0 points per game).
● Honorable Mention - McDonald’s All-American Team.
● Scored 50 points in a game against Widefield H.S. (1979).
● Finished 6th place in the Colorado State Tournament.
Went Mesa College in Grand Junction, CO for two years (1979-80) and played basketball (guard) and baseball (infield) for the Mavericks before transferring to the University of Southern Colorado in 1981 and playing those same sports and positions for the Indians until graduating in 1983.
● All-Conference - RMAC - 1st Team (1982-83)
● NAIA All-District - 1st Team (1982)
● NAIA All-District VII - 1st Team (1983)
● Broke (17) Basketball Records upon completion of senior year (Several of these records still stand today).
● Selected to the Almelo Holland European All-Tournament Team (1983).
● Begin his coaching career at Pueblo County H.S., working as the junior varsity basketball coach for three seasons (1990-93).
● Tried college basketball coaching as he served as an assistant on the women's basketball team at the University of Southern Colorado for a year (1993).
● Returned to the high school level as an assistant basketball coach for three years (1994-97) at Pueblo Central H.S., before being named the varsity head basketball coach in 1997.
● Also served as the freshman baseball coach for the Wildcats since 1996.
● During first season Wildcats varsity baseball coach, led team to a record of 11-8 (tied for 2nd Place in the South Central League).