Year Inducted: 2010
Nominated By: Jessie Banks
Sports Competed In: Basketball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Athlete, Coach, Contributor
Attended Pueblo South H.S., graduating in 1979... Played four years (1975-79) of basketball and volleyball and two years (1975-76) of track for the Colts.
Went to Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, CO for one year on a basketball scholarship (1979-80).
● Member of the basketball team that went to the state tournament four consecutive years (1975-79).
● During her sophomore year, Golob helped the team to a runner-up at the state basketball championship.
● Won the state tournament her senior year when she averaged 18 points per game.
● Golob was an All-American and selected to all-tournament teams while also playing in the summer All-State games.
● Golob spent 10 years as a basketball official (1981-91), eight years as a volleyball official (1981-89), seven years as a slowpitch softball official (1983-91).
● Also served six season on the bench as an assistant softball coach at Pueblo Centennial H.S. (1990-96).
● Spent 22 years working as a physical education teacher:
Carlile Elementary School (17 years), two years at Freed Middle School (1986-87) and three years at Pueblo East H.S. and Haaff Elementary School (1989-91).
● Numerous students graduated from the schools Becky taught at and went on to play high school sports.
● Becky has enrolled students in the city jump rope tournament for seven years and the speed cup stacking for five years.
● Worked on the curriculum committee for both District 60 and Pueblo City Schools.
● Implemented the Physical Education for Progress Grant at Carlile.
● Works closely with CSU-Pueblo preparing future physical educators.
Teacher for Pueblo City Schools.
Lives In Beulah, CO with her husband, Mike Mutz.